Event date: 13 September 2022 10.30 - 15.30
The Royal College of Surgeons of England, 38-43 Lincoln’s Inn Field, London WC2A 3PE
Workshop overall aims:
- To raise awareness about Vascular Research Priorities
- To share examples of recent progress and plans for next steps
- To find out about opportunities to engage with funders and collaborators
Who’s it suitable for?
Those interested in vascular research – new or experienced researchers, patients and carers, representatives from UK Vascular Societies (SVN, SVT, VS and allied organisations) and people from commissioning and policy.
Workshop includes three main sessions:
10am Welcome and refreshments
10.30AM Session 1: What we’ve done
- Hear from the Special Interest Groups (SIGs) about their priorities
- Understand the relevance and implications of these priorities
- Learn about SIG plans for addressing these priorities
12:00PM Session 2: How we’re doing
- Learn about recent examples of funded projects that address research priorities
- Consider the different approaches to answering the priorities
- Discuss ways to encourage collaboration during the funding application process
1.30PM Session 3: What’s next?
- Learn about opportunities with funders and collaborators and how best to engage them for support.
- Consider how priorities can be integrated into wider research strategy and policy.
- Learn about the UK Vascular Trials Network.