Event date: 13 September 10.30am - 3.30pm
The Royal College of Surgeons of England, 38-43 Lincoln’s Inn Field, London WC2A 3PE
Workshop overall aims:
- To raise awareness about Vascular Research Priorities
- To share examples of recent progress and plans for next steps
- To find out about opportunities to engage with funders and collaborators
Who’s it suitable for?
Those interested in vascular research – new or experienced researchers, patients and carers, representatives from UK Vascular Societies (SVN, SVT, VS and allied organisations) and people from commissioning and policy.
This FREE workshop includes three main sessions:
10am Welcome and refreshments
10.30AM Session 1: What we’ve done
- Hear from the Special Interest Groups (SIGs) about their priorities
- Understand the relevance and implications of these priorities
- Learn about SIG plans for addressing these priorities
12:00PM Session 2: How we’re doing
- Learn about recent examples of funded projects that address research priorities
- Consider the different approaches to answering the priorities
- Discuss ways to encourage collaboration during the funding application process
1.30PM Session 3: What’s next?
- Learn about opportunities with funders and collaborators and how best to engage them for support.
- Consider how priorities can be integrated into wider research strategy and policy.
- Learn about the UK Vascular Trials Network.