About the webinar
Legs Matter and the European Wound Management Association (EWMA) ran a 1.5-hour introductory webinar about the recommendations, guidelines and practical circumstances for use of compression therapy in wound management.
The webinar was held in connection with the Compression Therapy Campaign initiated by EWMA in collaboration with the Legs Matter coalition and other wound management societies across Europe.
Who is it for?
It was targeted at health care professionals with limited specialisation in wound management. The aim was to raise awareness the importance of this critical therapy so that the use could be increased across the UK.
Introduction: Why the EWMA awareness campaign for compression therapy
What we know about compression therapy:
- Evidence for use and impact
- Reasons for non-use and impact
- Legs Matter stories: Experience across the UK
- Podiatry, Diabetic foot
What exactly does compression do?
Compression dosage is to be understood, not feared
Making sense of compression products
The EWMA and Legs Matter Campaign materials
- Alison Hopkins MBE, Chief Executive, Accelerate
- Joanne Casey, Professional Development Lead, Royal College of Podiatry
- Kate Williams, Senior Lecturer, University of Huddersfield & Tissue Viability Nurse, Leeds Community Healthcare Trust
- Dr Leanne Atkin, Lecturer, University of Huddersfield & Vascular Nurse Consultant, Mid Yorks NHS Trust
- Sarah Gardner, Independent Tissue Viability consultant & Chair of Legs Matter