Coming together to address hidden harm – Legs Matter
Hoxton, London N1 5LZ
What’s it about?
We will have a stand at St Leonard’s hospital. There will be Podiatrists, Tissue Viability Nurses (TVNs) and a Lymphoedema Nurse on the stand. We will have compression garments, wraps and a pressure mat where we can demonstrate and talk about the link between oedema and venous disease and the importance of mobility in combination with garments.
There are several Allied Health Professional (AHP) services at St Leonard’s, so we will give information on ‘chronic oedema’ which is the hidden harm and talk about the importance of referring on for management if it is recognised.
Who’s it suitable for?
- Everyone – general public
- Healthcare professionals – generalists
- Healthcare professionals – AHPs, TVNs, Surgeons
- People living with a leg ulcer
Who’s running the event?
- Fran Campbell – email@example.com – 07515 900 722
Clinical lead Podiatry & BIomechanics, Accelerate CIC
- Morna Glynn – firstname.lastname@example.org – 020 7683 4347/4046
Extended Scope Podiatrist High Risk Foot, Children and Community Service Division, Homerton Healthcare Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, St Leonard’s Hospital